Monday, August 17, 2009

An hour at the bus-stop.

It wasn't an hour to b honest.. it was just bout 30min's. But i couldn't think f a better title than this. I remember many tyms writing an essay on this topic while in skool.





I was waiting for a girl-friend f mine at the bus stop. The bus stop was the nearest landmark that she managed to give me. So there i was. Punctual that
Im.. i reached on tym. As is custom, girls always come late. I stood patiently for 10min's, then i saw a seat empty.. u now they have these new bus stops, seems like a T20 dug out, with a seat within.. so, i went sat on it. I noticed, i wonder why dint i notice this while i was standing, a man, a old man in his early 60's, may b, would shout on top of his voice & urge people to get in the bus.. "maaro dhakka" he used to scream everytym a bus halted at the bus stop. I bet that did put a lot f presure on his lungs. He coughed twice every tym he shouted. He even used to shout at the people already in the bus askin 'em to move forward so that the bus could accommodate more people. He did the same for every bus that came at the bus stop. I think, he was probably retired and had nothing to do post dinner.





For the ladies at the bus stop, he used be a lil polite & ask them to board the bus from the front door & would even ask them to wave their hand at
the bus if they wanted the bus to stop for lil longer. He even said this to a boy in his teens to which the boy replied " mein ladki thodi na hun.. mere haath dhikane par woh bus thodi na rokhega". Quite true, i must say. The old man laufd out loud over this. Coughed once after that.





A particular bus saw the man's wrath. The bus dint have it's number & it's destination lightened. This drew him crazy. He got up from his seat went up
to the front door to reach for the driver & shouted at him "eh, salla light on nahi karta hai". The bus driver dint pay attention. He, probably, heard this everyday.





He also had a friend seated next to him. He was also doin the same but he dint shout that much as this old head. He also met some other people at the
bus stop. I think, the old man did this everyday & hence got acquainted with the regulars over there. I even noticed that he carried a whistle with him. In case, there was too much notice & if he felt that shouting would cause his lungs to pop out he would blow the whistle instead. Smart!!




There was this lady standing outsyd the bus dug out who was waiting there for a long tym. I was busy noticing the old head to catch some more non-sense
of his. In the mean tym i heard a voice "Bhaiya, sunno". I looked around to see who's the brother & the sister. It was me. She had addressed me lyk that & asked me to notify her if i saw a particular bus arriving. I nodded my head & thought 'okay, sister'. After bout 4Min's, my newly-found-sister's bus arrived & lyk a good newly-found-brother, i brought that to her notice. But, she couldn't board the bus. With all the men jumping to get in, my sister dint stand a chance. Then our man spoke. He said "aage se chaddo aap". She heard, dint react, moved back and stood next to me.






After bout 2 more Min's the old head got up. I was lost in my thoughts by then. He crossed me & went out of the bus dug out & asked the lady "kya
hua?". She explained to him her grievance. He offered some solution, came back, crossed me again, told his friend that he offered up a solution, both smiled. I bet, the lady found that man extremely helpful. I could tell that from her face.






It was the 29th minute of my wait. She came. A smile, a sorry and a hug did the trick for her. I forgot that she made me wait for 30 damn minutes
watch all the non-sense. A chatty cathy that she is, she immediately started chatting as I thought 'Man, I wouldn't wanna live that long to find out that I, actually, don't have nothing to do'.




I wonder what happened after i left. Did my newly-found-sister get her bus? Did the old man got tired & stop shouting? Did he go home? Did he realise
that the person seated 3 feet away from him was laufin at him?





She: .. so, what do you think?


Me: uh.. uh..

No comments: