Monday, July 5, 2010

movie review : Ravaan.

Cast : Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Ravi Kissen, Govinda.




Director : Mani Ratnam.





To b very honest I lyk when Ratnam's films start with 'Madras Talkies'. It's probably
because I lyk it being called Madras more than Chennai. Most f the previous names f
states I did lyk.. eg: Bombay was better than Mumbai, Calcutta sounded better than Kolkata. Oh, I strayed.. jus lyk I did when I was watching this movie. It's that bore a film thatyou might be forced to check out what the girl seated next to you is texting.





Abhishek plays Beera who kidnaps the local cop's wife Ragini (Aishwarya) avenging a crime committed against his family. Dev (played by Tamil star Vikram) searches the entire jungle to find his wife & also to get hold f Beera. Beera on the other hand develops
feelings for Ragini & decides not to kill her. Love, u see.




Ratnam adopted a lot f idea's from Ramayana like Dev asking Ragini to undergo a ploygraph test to prove her purity & the surpanakha character.




Ravi Kissen was brilliant in the film. Govinda was.. well, he was Govinda. Aishwarya dint
have too much f a role except stare at the camera, scream & yet look gorgeous.




Not the Mani Ratnam film I had expected.





P.S. Take some aspirin with you.

No comments: